Wednesday, July 04, 2007

25 Months

[Note: If you have not done so already, please sign up for email notifications of my blog updates on the left. I've tested this, and it does not lead to tons of junk mail.]

I've been pretty lazy about updating this blog. So, a quick update:

Jonah turned two at the end of May. We had a birthday party that most of our family -- coming in from Southern California and North Carolina -- attended. It was great to have them here. Jonah chose construction equipment as a theme (see the photo of the cake that his mom and Nana made). Jonah was definitely aware of the party and he understood that this was for him -- very different from his first birthday.

Jonah will repeat anything we say and use the words in sentences. He absorbs everything and uses it in creative ways. A few days ago, for example

Jonah (smirking): Butterflies eat butter.
Michele: And what do horseflies eat?
Jonah: Horses.

In fact, he just came up to me and I showed him a preview of this blog. I asked him what the picture was and he said, "a birthday party". "Whose birthday party?" I asked. "Jonah's".

He still hasn't got his personal pronouns straight. He uses "you" in place of "I". Makes sense, since we always refer to him as "you".

Lastly, he is incredibly cute. See his renditions of "Kookabura" and "Two Little Kitty Cats", both from his Music Together class.


No comments: