Saturday, October 14, 2006

The Stanford Band

Today Jonah had his first encounter with a band -- well, at least some people consider it a band. At my 15th college reunion he saw the Stanford Band. Jonah rocked out. It may be that he was just trying to hold on while I danced, but I swear he was tapping along on my shoulder the whole time. Plus, he signed "more" afterwards.

Tonight at home he started saying "band band band". I dug out an old Stanford Band CD and right away Jonah found a Tupperware bowl, turned it upside down, and started beating it. Later, he really got into the beat with his music sticks.

It's great to see my son enjoy music so much. This music has some funky sentimental meaning for me, since I used to play it, but as a dad there is something very satisfying about seeing Jonah appreciate something that was such a big part of my life.

No comments: